There are so many awesome unique Chicago wedding venues that you might not know about. Today I thought I’d highlight the top 10 venues that I’d love to shoot at! These venues tend to exude personality and digress from the usual ballroom wedding venue.
- The Ivy Room at Tree Studios is located at 12 E Ohio St (between State St & Wabash Ave) in the Near North Neighborhood. This facility boasts a gorgeous patio for ceremonies filled with, you guessed it, ivy! They can be reached at (312) 645-7760 and the web address is www.ivyroomchicago.com.
- Salvage One is located at 1840 W Hubbard St (between Wood St & Wolcott Ave) in the Near West Neighborhood. This venue has a colorful patio and sweet “Chicago” sign. The inside is drenched in natural light and unique furnishings. They can be reached at (312) 733-0098 and the web address is www.salvageone.com.
- The Ravenswood Event Center is located at 4011 N Ravenswood Ave (just North off Irving Park Road) in the Lakeview Neighborhood. This is a perfect spot to “paint a blank canvas”. There’s ample rustic charm, exposed brick, and TONS of natural light in their glass walled atrium on the top floor. They can be reached at (773) 388-2170 and the web address is www.ravenswoodeventcenter.com.
- The Chicago Illuminating Company is located at 19 East 21st Street in the Near Southside Neighborhood. It is a two-story facility that was converted from an old 1920’s power plant/warehouse. The renovated, modern architecture comes together nicely for a loft feel. Features include hardwood floors, elegant tile mosaic detailing and original steel beams. There are built-in marble bars and tall arched windows that stand opposite a mezzanine balcony. They can be reached at (312) 326-9500 and the web address is www.chicagoilluminatingcompany.com.
- Gallery 1028 is located at 1028 N Hooker St (between Halsted St & Haines St) in the Goose Island Neighborhood. The gallery boasts vaulted ceilings, skylights, exposed brick, wood beams and floors. This raw space is the perfect backdrop for any vision you could dream up! They can be reached at (312) 945-6209 and the web address is www.gallery-1028.com.
- Room 1520 is located at 1520 W Fulton St (between Laflin St & Justine St) in the West Loop Neighborhood. Room 1520 is a classical Urban spot draped in crystal chandeliers, white walls, and concrete floors. It’s the perfect place to let your creativity run wild as options are endless for this great space. They can be reached at (312) 952-1520 and the web address is www.room1520.com.
- Northerly Island is a peninsula located at 1400 S. Lynn White Dr. off the Museum Campus. The 91 acre peninsula is an Urban Oasis with strolling paths, casual play areas, and a beautiful view of the Chicago Skyline. Promontory Point is a quaint building on Northerly Island with skyline views and it’s surrounded by nature. You can also utilize the stone verandas that are steps from Lake Michigan. There’s also exposed brick!! Need I say more?! They can be reached by (312) 745-2910 and the web address is http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/parks/Northerly-Island/#.U2uSQOZdXJl.
- The South Shore Cultural Center is located at 7059 S. South Shore Drive in the South Shore Neighborhood. The SSCC is a cultural facility that has been recognized as a Chicago Landmark since 2004. The SSCC has a country club-like interior and features a solarium, formal dining hall, the Paul Robeson Theater, the Washburne Culinary Institute, and the Parrot Cage Restaurant. There is a nature sanctuary and a butterfly garden, a nine-hole golf course, beach, and open spaces for picnics and walks. They can be reached at (773) 256-0149 and the web address is http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/parks/South-Shore-Cultural-Center/#.U2uNheZdXJk.
- The Newberry Library is located at 60 West Walton Street in the Gold Coast/Streeterville Neighborhood. The Newberry Library is comprised of a grand staircase, architectural details, and spacious halls. I love a historic venue and I also love books so I’m all set here!! Although it is non-circulating, the Newberry is free and open to the public. They can be reached at (312) 255-3595 and the web address is http://www.newberry.org/facility-rentals.
- The Great Hall of Cafe Brauer is located in the Lincoln Park, alongside the LP Zoo at 2021 N Stockton Drive in the Lincoln Park Neighborhood. The classic architecture, exposed brick, glass ceiling, and wood floors make this venue a great choice for your wedding. The Laggios offer views of the skyline and can be utilized for cocktail hour, etc. Being in the park allows you to capture a variety of photos on your wedding day including some in nature and some with cityscape behind you. It’s one of my all time FAVORITE spots to photograph! They can be reached at (312) 742-2400 and the web address is http://www.lpzoo.org/events/host-private-event/cafe-brauer.
I hope this post has gotten your creative juices flowing and thinking about the unique places you can get married in the city!!
If you or someone you know is getting married at one of these venues, don’t hesitate to drop me a line!! For a limited time I am offering a 10% discount on my first 2 Wedding Collections for (1) couple at each of these venues for 2015 weddings!